A delicious, fast, and easy recipe for any week night dinner. The chicken comes out flavorful with a sweet and tangy glaze. It took less than 30 minutes to prepare this rice and chicken in soy sauce. It’s simple and tasty with steamed rice and soft-boiled eggs, if you desire.
- 300 g (4 pieces) Skinless & Boneless Chicken Thighs, cut into bite size
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Chopped Ginger
- 1 Small Onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Peanut or Vegetable Oil
- 3 Tbsp Japanese Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Dark-Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Mirin
- 3 Tbsp Sake
- 200 ml Chicken Stock or Water
- ¾ tsp Corn Starch
- 2 Scallions, chopped
- Soft-Boiled Eggs
- Steamed Rice
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, dark soy sauce, Mirin, Sake, chicken stock, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Toss the chicken pieces with some salt and pepper. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry the chicken with oil and ginger over high heat until no longer pink.
- Mix in the soy sauce mixture. Bring it to a boil, add the onion, reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice, and top with soft-boiled eggs, and some chopped scallions.