These Paleo Burgers with Avocado Spread and Caramelized Parsnips make quite a moist succulent burger which is loaded with as many delicious flavors as it is with healthy foods. That’s why these burgers are a regular on our dinner table, and have been since we’ve started the paleo lifestyle.
- 1lb Grass Fed Ground Beef
- ¼ Medium Red Onion
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Medium Parsnips, peeled
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Avocado
- Red Onion Slices
- Romaine Lettuce
- Spiralize the parsnips with a veggetti or spiral cutter
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beef, onion, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper and hand mix, taking care not to over mix.
- Form 4 equal burger patties out of the meat mixture, and grill on a BBQ or stove top over medium high heat for 10 minutes, flipping in between.
- While the burgers are cooking, melt the coconut oil into a large flat skillet, and spread the parsnips evenly across the bottom so they all cook evenly. Cook until golden brown (about 5 minutes)
- Scoop the avocado into a food processor and add a small amount of salt. Blend until evenly combined into a creamy mixture.
- Spread some romaine lettuce on the bottom of a plate, top with a burger patty, avocado mousse, a red onion slice, and finish by laying the parsnips on top of the burger.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe inspired by CivilizedCavemanCooking.com