They’re great warm or cold, iced or not. If you don’t have a donut pan, you can always use a cupcake tin or even a bread pan. If you use that, then they won’t exactly be donuts (rather they’ll be cake) but it’s still one hell of a treat. Just make sure you are rationing them out because they’re seriously addictive. The recipe will yield about 8 donuts, and they each have 3.65g net carbs.
Breakfast, afternoon snack, it even stacks enough protein to be a post workout meal – it can be anything you want. It’s versatile, and if you’re thinking what I’m thinking, it can be made into an evil-ly tasty bacon and cheese donut sandwich.
- ½ cup almond meal
- 3 large eggs, separated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ cup Splenda
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 scoops 100% Casein Protein Powder
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Whip egg whites until they have stiff peaks (this is the most important part, and will ensure you get a great fluffy consistency.)
- Combine the egg yolks, Splenda, vanilla, and butter in a separate bowl then whisk until well mixed.
- Combine almond meal, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and cocoa powder in a third mixing bowl.
- Gently (really gently) fold the wet ingredients into the whipped egg whites.
- Slowly add the bowl of mixed dry ingredients to the wet mixture while continuing to mix.
- Fill the donut pan ¾ of the way full on each mold.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In separate bowl, combine casein powder and heavy cream until it is thick and forms the icing.
- Pour the icing over the donuts when they have cooled down a bit.
This makes a total of 8 servings of Delicious Chocolate Donuts. Each serving comes out to be 143.38 Calories, 9.2g Fats, 3.65g Net Carbs, and 10.51g Protein.
|Delicious Chocolate Donuts||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|½ cup almond meal||300||22||12||6||6||14|
|3 large eggs, separated||214||14.27||1.08||0||1.08||18.84|
|¼ teaspoon salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|¼ teaspoon baking powder||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 teaspoon vanilla||12||0||0.53||0||0.53||0|
|¼ teaspoon cinnamon||2||0.01||0.52||0.3||0.22||0.03|
|2 tablespoons cocoa powder||25||1.48||6.25||4||2.25||2.12|
|½ cup Splenda||48||0||12||0||12||0|
|2 tablespoons melted butter||204||23.04||0.02||0||0.02||0.24|
|2 scoops Chocolate 100% Casein Protein Powder||240||2||8||2||6||48|
|2 tablespoons heavy cream||102||10.82||0.82||0||0.82||0.85|